GIVING TO THOSE WHO GAVE
With the help of the Office of Veterans Affairs, the physicians and staff of A&AS will be providing support to needy veterans and their families this holiday season. These families are in need of clothing, food, and gifts for small children. All offices will have a display of tags with gift requests that patients can take and return the gift to the office by December 8th. Patients are also welcome to give monetary donations and the staff of A&AS will purchase the gifts and gift cards. You can also contact our office at 610-825-5800, option 6 to make a credit card donation. The fund raiser ends on December 9.
The Gift List:
Girl 3 y/o clothes size 5T
Girl 9 y/o Monster High Doll
Girl 9 y/o Books for learning Math and Reading
Girl 9 y/o Sweaters size 9 and underwear
Girl 11 y/o craft kits
Boy 16 y/o Socks and Slipper size 12
Girl 5 y/o clothes size 5T
Boy 7 y/o Minecraft
Boy 5 y/o Minecraft
Boy 5 y/o Board Game
Boy 3 y/o Blaze the Monster Machine
Boy 2 y/o Blaze the Monster Machine
Boy 2 y/o Lighting McQueen
Boy 2 y/o anything from the movie Cars
Please help us support this very worthy cause.
- Volunteers age 18 years of age or older are sought for an observational asthma study.
- NO INVESTIGATIONAL MEDICATION.
- Qualified participants will continue their standard therapy and complete 3 office visits and 2 telephone contacts over a 1-year period. Data will be collected on the participant's asthma control over the course of the study (by survey completion and laboratory tests).
- If you would like additional information regarding this study, or if you would like to determine if you may be eligible, please contact the Research Center of Allergy & Asthma Specialists at 610-825-5800 ext 7.
Dust Mite Allergy Research Study Opportunity
If you are 18 to 65 years old and have had dust mite allergy symptoms for at least 1 year, you may qualify for this study and receive:
* No cost study medication * No cost study related care * Reimbursement for travel to the Blue Bell office location
Exclusions apply. Call for additional details: 877-877-8839 ext 7
FDA APPROVES ALLERGY PILLS
It is very exciting that the FDA has approved immunotherpay tablets for grass and ragweed. The grass tablets are known as Oralair and Grastek. The ragweed immunnotherapy tablets are known as Ragwitek. Schedule an appointment with your allergist to determine if the new immunotherapy tablets are right for you.
WALK-IN SESSIONS FOR ALLERGY INJECTIONS ARE OFFERED IN BLUE BELL, COLLEGEVILLE, DOYLESTOWN, JENKINTOWN, LANSDALE AND POTTSTOWN OFFICES. Ask for details at the front desk. No appointment necessary.
FEAR PEANUT ALLERGIES NO LONGER.
A&AS offers Peanut Sublingual Immunotherapy. Peanut extract drops are placed under the tongue to decrease risk of serious reactions with accidental exposures. Call 1-800-86COUGH and ask to speak with a nurse about PEANUT SLIT.